Spanish society faces the challenge of carrying out initiatives that consider Roma families and their adolescent daughters from a gender perspective.
What is the Center of Community Research and Action at the University of Sevilla? Who are its members? What do we do?
ROMOMATTER: Empowering at-Risk Roma Girls' Mattering through Reproductive Justice
January 2019 marks the beginning of the ROMOMATTER project comprised of university-community partners from Spain, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary and the United Kingdom. The aim of this project is to tackle gender discrimination by empowering Roma girls’ mattering to help them envision their own futures.
JOIN US! The results of this study will be used to inform and support policy makers and practitioners to support migrants and refugees better to deal with this global health crisis.
This map identifies key determinants that covers and guarantees a well-balanced life satisfaction of immigrant populations. The action map services as a conceptual reference.
Project funded by the Open Society Foundations. Its goal is to promote advocacy processes within and between multiple levels and different key stakeholders from the community to ensure the implementation of the health strand of the National Roma Integration Strategies in at-risk contexts in Sevilla, Spain.
The purpose of the Task Force Migrant, Equity and Diversity (TF MED) is to support member organisations in developing policies, systems and competences for the provision and delivery of accessible health care to patients from diverse populations. This task force is promoted by the International Network Health Promoting Hospitals & Health Services.
The Empowerment of Intercultural Networks within Communities
We collaboratively work to characterize the migrant population living in Andalusia. Our objective is to identify their needs and improve the services available for all citizenry.
More information at http://www.redesinterculturales.org/
Reference: Miranda, D. E., Zhelyazkova, L. & Sladkova, J. (2021). A Photovoice Project for Ethnic Health Justice: Reflections from Roma Communities in Seville, Spain. Global Journal of Community Psychology Practice, 12(2), 1 – 17. Abstract: Roma are Europe’s largest ethnic minority and despite their national citizen status, 80% live in...
Mental Health of Refugees and Migrants during the COVID-19 Pandemic: The Role of Experienced Discrimination and Daily Stressors
Reference: Spiritus-Beerden, E., Verelst, A., Devlieger, I., Langer-Primdahl, N., Botelho-Guedes, F., Chiarenza, A., De Maesschalck, S., Durbeej, N., Garrido, R., Gaspar de Matos, M., Ioannidi, E., Murphy, R., Oulahal, R., Osman, F., Padilla, B., Paloma, V., Shehadeh, A., Sturm, G., van den Muijsenbergh, M., Vasilikou, K., Watters, C., Willems, S.,...
Reference: Aceros, J. C., Duque, T., & Paloma, V. (2021). Psychosocial benefits and costs of activism among female migrant domestic workers in Southern Spain. Journal of Community Psychology. https://doi.org/10.1002/jcop.22610 Abstract: Economic migrant women often experience oppressive living and working conditions in the receiving societies. Activism is a liberatory behavior these...
Reference: Miranda DE, et al. Capacitación de población gitana en abogacía para la salud: un estudio de caso en Torreblanca, Sevilla. Gac Sanit. 2020. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaceta.2020.09.002 Abstract: The objective of this study is to build advocacy capacity among a group of gipsy Roma neighbours living in contexts of risk of...
Reference: Garcia-Ramirez, M., Soto-Ponce, B., Albar-Marín, M.J., Parra-Casado, D.L., Popova, D., & Tomsa, R. (2020). RoMoMatteR: Empowering Roma Girls’ Mattering through Reproductive Justice. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health,17(22), 8498. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph17228498 Abstract: Aim: To present a protocol study directed at tackling gender discrimination against Roma girls by...
Barriers to and Facilitators of Community Participation among Latinx Migrants with Disabilities in the United States and Latinx Migrant Workers in Canada: An Ecological Analysis
Reference: Suarez-Balcazar, Y., Viquez, F., Miranda, D., & Early, A.R. (2020). Barriers to and facilitators of community participation among Latinx migrants with disabilities in the United States and Latinx migrant workers in Canada: An ecological analysis. Journal of Community Psychology, 48 (8), 2773-2788. doi: 10.1002/jcop.22452 Abstract: Abstract Individuals migrate to improve their...
Constructions of Burnout, Identity and Self-care in Professionals Working toward the Psychosocial Care of Refugees and Asylum Seekers in Italy
Reference: Marco Gemignani & Massimo Giliberto (2021) Constructions of burnout, identity, and self-care in professionals working toward the psychosocial care of refugees and asylum seekers in Italy, Journal of Constructivist Psychology, 34:1, 56-78. doi: 10.1080/10720537.2019.1700853 Abstract: Professionals who provide psychosocial services to refugees and asylum seekers in Italy are a population at high-risk of job stress...
- Nuancing Community Violence Exposureby Ashley Simons-Rudolph on 16 September, 2021 at 1:32 pm
- After COVID-19: How School-Based Health Centers Can Help When Schools Re-Openby SCRA: Society for Community Research and Action on 15 September, 2021 at 5:02 pm
- Así fue la entrevista de Buenafuente a Shabnam Rahimi y Estrella Galán en Late Motivby Alberto Senante on 15 September, 2021 at 9:13 am
- Nuevas ofertas de empleo para nuestra delegación de Sevillaby JMiguel on 14 September, 2021 at 10:30 am
- The Effects of Stigma on Students with Learning Disabilities and Inclusive Classroom Practicesby SCRA: Society for Community Research and Action on 13 September, 2021 at 5:41 pm
- CONCENTRACIÓN FRENTE A LAS PUERTAS DEL MINISTERIO DEL INTERIOR PARA EXIGIR LA PROTECCIÓN DE LOS DERECHOS DE LA INFANCIA MIGRANTEby JMiguel on 10 September, 2021 at 10:56 am
- How Can “Third Place” Settings Support Young People who Endure Social Marginalization?by Ashley Simons-Rudolph on 9 September, 2021 at 1:27 pm
- Creating a Healing Community to Promote Racial Justiceby SCRA: Society for Community Research and Action on 6 September, 2021 at 7:09 pm
- Frontera sur: el acceso al derecho de asilo en un año marcado por la pandemiaby Francisco García on 1 September, 2021 at 8:47 am
- Reducing the Stigma of Mental Illness in Communities of Colorby SCRA: Society for Community Research and Action on 31 August, 2021 at 3:54 pm