Spanish society faces the challenge of carrying out initiatives that consider Roma families and their adolescent daughters from a gender perspective.
What is the Center of Community Research and Action at the University of Sevilla? Who are its members? What do we do?
ROMOMATTER: Empowering at-Risk Roma Girls' Mattering through Reproductive Justice
January 2019 marks the beginning of the ROMOMATTER project comprised of university-community partners from Spain, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary and the United Kingdom. The aim of this project is to tackle gender discrimination by empowering Roma girls’ mattering to help them envision their own futures.
JOIN US! The results of this study will be used to inform and support policy makers and practitioners to support migrants and refugees better to deal with this global health crisis.
This map identifies key determinants that covers and guarantees a well-balanced life satisfaction of immigrant populations. The action map services as a conceptual reference.
Project funded by the Open Society Foundations. Its goal is to promote advocacy processes within and between multiple levels and different key stakeholders from the community to ensure the implementation of the health strand of the National Roma Integration Strategies in at-risk contexts in Sevilla, Spain.
The purpose of the Task Force Migrant, Equity and Diversity (TF MED) is to support member organisations in developing policies, systems and competences for the provision and delivery of accessible health care to patients from diverse populations. This task force is promoted by the International Network Health Promoting Hospitals & Health Services.
We collaboratively work to characterize the migrant population living in Andalusia. Our objective is to identify their needs and improve the services available for all citizenry.
More information at http://www.redesinterculturales.org/
The Role of Contextual Factors in the Electoral Resurgence of Extreme Right-wing Forces in Spain: The Case of Andalusia
Reference: Iglesias-Pascual, R., Paloma, V., & Benítez, I. (2021). The role of contextual factors in the electoral resurgence of extreme right-wing parties in Spain: The case of Andalusia. Political Geography, 86. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polgeo.2021.102356 Abstract: Up until the end of 2018, extreme right-wing parties and their anti-immigration discourse, now a common...
Hacia la Equidad en Salud en Andalucía: Diagnóstico de la Incorporación de una Perspectiva Sensible a la Diversidad Cultural y al Género en las Políticas y Servicios Sanitarios
Reference: Garrido, R. (2019). Hacia la Equidad en Salud en Andalucía: Diagnóstico de la incorporación de una perspectiva sensible a la diversidad cultural y al género en las políticas y servicios sanitarios. Sevilla: MAD África. Abstract: Este estudio se enmarca en el proyecto Nder: Alzando la voz desde los feminismos...
The group of Roma women from Polígono Sur and Torreblanca, through their grassroots organization YILÓ, @somosyilo, is denouncing the constant problems in their neighborhoods due to the constant power cuts. They expressed this situation during a heat wave last August, now, in the middle of a cold wave, the cuts...
Reference: Miranda DE, et al. Capacitación de población gitana en abogacía para la salud: un estudio de caso en Torreblanca, Sevilla. Gac Sanit. 2020. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaceta.2020.09.002 Abstract: The objective of this study is to build advocacy capacity among a group of gipsy Roma neighbours living in contexts of risk of...
Reference: Garcia-Ramirez, M., Soto-Ponce, B., Albar-Marín, M.J., Parra-Casado, D.L., Popova, D., & Tomsa, R. (2020). RoMoMatteR: Empowering Roma Girls’ Mattering through Reproductive Justice. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health,17(22), 8498. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph17228498 Abstract: Aim: To present a protocol study directed at tackling gender discrimination against Roma girls by...
Barriers to and Facilitators of Community Participation among Latinx Migrants with Disabilities in the United States and Latinx Migrant Workers in Canada: An Ecological Analysis
Reference: Suarez-Balcazar, Y., Viquez, F., Miranda, D., & Early, A.R. (2020). Barriers to and facilitators of community participation among Latinx migrants with disabilities in the United States and Latinx migrant workers in Canada: An ecological analysis. Journal of Community Psychology, 48 (8), 2773-2788. doi: 10.1002/jcop.22452 Abstract: Abstract Individuals migrate to improve their...
Constructions of Burnout, Identity and Self-care in Professionals Working toward the Psychosocial Care of Refugees and Asylum Seekers in Italy
Reference: Marco Gemignani & Massimo Giliberto (2021) Constructions of burnout, identity, and self-care in professionals working toward the psychosocial care of refugees and asylum seekers in Italy, Journal of Constructivist Psychology, 34:1, 56-78. doi: 10.1080/10720537.2019.1700853 Abstract: Professionals who provide psychosocial services to refugees and asylum seekers in Italy are a population at high-risk of job stress...
- Gender-Informed Programming for Incarcerated Girlsby Ashley Simons-Rudolph on 24 February, 2021 at 1:19 pm
- Lessons Learned from a Family-Based Intervention for Court-Involved Girlsby SCRA: Society for Community Research and Action on 22 February, 2021 at 5:26 pm
- Discovering Community Psychology • A podcast on Anchorby SCRA: Society for Community Research and Action on 21 February, 2021 at 7:06 pm
- Timeline Photosby SCRA: Society for Community Research and Action on 21 February, 2021 at 6:26 pm
- Rochele Royster - Buy Rochele Royster's latest works on Artmajeurby SCRA: Society for Community Research and Action on 19 February, 2021 at 7:13 pm
- ENTIDADES Y PROFESIONALES DE INFANCIA Y MIGRACIONES PROPONEN UNA MODIFICACIÓN DEL REGLAMENTO QUE GARANTICE EL DERECHO A DOCUMENTARSE DE LOS NIÑOS Y NIÑAS QUE LLEGAN SOLOS A ESPAÑAby JMiguel on 19 February, 2021 at 1:20 pm
- Timeline Photosby SCRA: Society for Community Research and Action on 18 February, 2021 at 5:55 pm
- Pedimos garantizar los derechos de los niños y niñas que llegan solos a Españaby Alberto Senante on 18 February, 2021 at 12:33 pm
- Andalucía Acoge y Red Acoge participan en el trámite de consulta previa del Ministerio de modificación de Reglamento de Extranjería en relación a menores y jóvenes extuteladosby JMiguel on 12 February, 2021 at 11:03 am
- Social Action Challenging Privilege and Oppression: How Emerging Adults Decide What to Do and Whenby Ashley Simons-Rudolph on 11 February, 2021 at 5:56 pm