Spanish society faces the challenge of carrying out initiatives that consider Roma families and their adolescent daughters from a gender perspective.
What is the Center of Community Research and Action at the University of Sevilla? Who are its members? What do we do?
ROMOMATTER: Empowering at-Risk Roma Girls' Mattering through Reproductive Justice
January 2019 marks the beginning of the ROMOMATTER project comprised of university-community partners from Spain, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary and the United Kingdom. The aim of this project is to tackle gender discrimination by empowering Roma girls’ mattering to help them envision their own futures.
JOIN US! The results of this study will be used to inform and support policy makers and practitioners to support migrants and refugees better to deal with this global health crisis.
This map identifies key determinants that covers and guarantees a well-balanced life satisfaction of immigrant populations. The action map services as a conceptual reference.
Project funded by the Open Society Foundations. Its goal is to promote advocacy processes within and between multiple levels and different key stakeholders from the community to ensure the implementation of the health strand of the National Roma Integration Strategies in at-risk contexts in Sevilla, Spain.
The purpose of the Task Force Migrant, Equity and Diversity (TF MED) is to support member organisations in developing policies, systems and competences for the provision and delivery of accessible health care to patients from diverse populations. This task force is promoted by the International Network Health Promoting Hospitals & Health Services.
The Empowerment of Intercultural Networks within Communities
We collaboratively work to characterize the migrant population living in Andalusia. Our objective is to identify their needs and improve the services available for all citizenry.
More information at http://www.redesinterculturales.org/
Reference: Duque, T., Aceros, J.C., & Paloma, V. (2022). El activismo de las trabajadoras del hogar latinoamericanas. Sevilla: Asociación de Trabajadoras y Trabajadores del Hogar de Sevilla, Universidad Industrial de Santander & Universidad de Sevilla. Presentation: En primavera del año 2020 realizamos un trabajo de investigación en el que entrevistamos...
Experience of Discrimination during COVID-19 Pandemic: the Impact of Public Health Measures and Psychological Distress among Refugees and other Migrants in Europe
Reference: Marchi, M., Magarini, F.M., Chiarenza, A., Galeazzi, G.M., Paloma, V., Garrido, R., et al. (2022). Experience of discrimination during COVID-19 pandemic: the impact of public health measures and psychological distress among refugees and other migrants in Europe. BMC Public Health 22, 942. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-022-13370-y. Abstract: Background. The COVID-19 pandemic has...
We share the following information from the online discussion in which, in conjunction with EPHA, CESPYD participates within the 2022 Romani Week: Dear Roma Health Network members, With the 2022 Romani Week around the corner, we would like to officially invite you to take part in our event ‘Capacity Building...
Sociopolitical Development of Female Migrant Domestic Workers in Southern Spain: A Qualitative Study of a Pathway against Injustice
Reference: Duque, T., Aceros, J.C., & Paloma, V. (2022). Sociopolitical development of female migrant domestic workers in southern Spain: A qualitative study of a pathway against injustice. Journal of Community & Applied Social Psychology. http://doi.org/10.1002/casp.2613. Abstract: Domestic work is a sector characterized by various forms of injustice, prompting some women...
Reference: Suarez‐Balcazar, Y., Balcazar, F., Miranda, D. E., Velazquez, T., Arcidiacono, C., & Garcia‐Ramirez, M. (2022). Promoting justice through community‐based research: International case studies. American Journal of Community Psychology, 1–13. https://doi.org/10.1002/ajcp.12584. Abstract: Community‐based participatory research (CBPR) approaches to promoting justice focus on working from the ground up and giving a...
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on the Psychological Well-being of Migrants and Refugees Settled in Spain
Reference: Garrido, R., Paloma, V., Benítez, I., Skovdal, M., Verelest, A. & Derluyn, I. (2022). Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on the psychological well-being of migrants and refugees settled in Spain. Ethnicity & Health. https://doi.org/10.1080/13557858.2022.2035692. Abstract: Objectives. The COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated health inequalities worldwide, having a disproportionately harsh impact on...
Contributions of the Liberating Community Psychology Approach to Psychosocial Practice on Sexual and Gender Diversity
Reference: Garrido R. & Zaptsi A. (2022). Contributions of the Liberating Community Psychology Approach to Psychosocial Practice on Sexual and Gender Diversity. In: Chaparro R. A. & Prado M. A. M. (eds) Latinx Queer Psychology. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-82250-7_2. Abstract: Liberation psychology is possibly the biggest contribution of Latin America to...
- Double-Edged Policy? Consequences of the COVID-19-Related Eviction Moratoriumby SCRA: Society for Community Research and Action on 8 August, 2022 at 6:44 pm
- Timeline photosby SCRA: Society for Community Research and Action on 2 August, 2022 at 4:49 pm
- Participatory Action Research: An example from the Stand Up to Bullying Projectby SCRA: Society for Community Research and Action on 2 August, 2022 at 2:09 am
- IOM Director General’s Statement on World Day Against Trafficking in Persons 2022by mgoloy on 28 July, 2022 at 8:11 am
- Reglamento de Extranjería: una reforma necesaria, aunque limitadaby María Sevillano on 27 July, 2022 at 1:20 pm
- “Am I Doing This Right?”: Helping Housing First Clients Navigate Difficulties Conducting Community-Based Participatory Researchby SCRA: Society for Community Research and Action on 25 July, 2022 at 5:40 pm
- El centro deportivo de CEAR en Getafe se convierte en modelo de referencia para la inclusiónby María Sevillano on 20 July, 2022 at 12:17 pm
- Blog: My Upcoming Plans to Decentralize Colonialism and Provide Space for Indigenous Ways of Knowingby Ashley Simons-Rudolph on 19 July, 2022 at 6:36 pm
- Organizaciones sociales reclaman responsabilidades por vulneraciones de derechos en la Frontera Sur ante Naciones Unidasby María Sevillano on 19 July, 2022 at 7:42 am
- Using Photovoice as a Community-Building Toolby SCRA: Society for Community Research and Action on 18 July, 2022 at 6:16 pm