Spanish society faces the challenge of carrying out initiatives that consider Roma families and their adolescent daughters from a gender perspective.
What is the Center of Community Research and Action at the University of Sevilla? Who are its members? What do we do?
ROMOMATTER: Empowering at-Risk Roma Girls' Mattering through Reproductive Justice
January 2019 marks the beginning of the ROMOMATTER project comprised of university-community partners from Spain, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary and the United Kingdom. The aim of this project is to tackle gender discrimination by empowering Roma girls’ mattering to help them envision their own futures.
JOIN US! The results of this study will be used to inform and support policy makers and practitioners to support migrants and refugees better to deal with this global health crisis.
This map identifies key determinants that covers and guarantees a well-balanced life satisfaction of immigrant populations. The action map services as a conceptual reference.
Project funded by the Open Society Foundations. Its goal is to promote advocacy processes within and between multiple levels and different key stakeholders from the community to ensure the implementation of the health strand of the National Roma Integration Strategies in at-risk contexts in Sevilla, Spain.
The purpose of the Task Force Migrant, Equity and Diversity (TF MED) is to support member organisations in developing policies, systems and competences for the provision and delivery of accessible health care to patients from diverse populations. This task force is promoted by the International Network Health Promoting Hospitals & Health Services.
The Empowerment of Intercultural Networks within Communities
We collaboratively work to characterize the migrant population living in Andalusia. Our objective is to identify their needs and improve the services available for all citizenry.
More information at http://www.redesinterculturales.org/
Reference: De Freitas, C., Massag, J., Amorim, M., Fraga, S. (2020) “Involvement in maternal care by migrants and ethnic minorities: a narrative review”. Public Health Reviews 41 5, 41: 5. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40985-020-00121-w. Abstract: Background. Guidelines for improving the quality of maternal health services emphasise women’s involvement in care. However, evidence about...
Reference: Lisi, C., de Freitas, C., Barros, H. (2021). “The Impact of Formula Industry Marketing on Breastfeeding Rates in Native and Migrant Mothers”. Breastfeeding Medicine, 16 (9): 725-733. http://doi.org/10.1089/bfm.2021.0041. Abstract: Introduction. Lifelong benefits of breastfeeding are far-reaching. However, optimal breastfeeding practices may be negatively affected by the marketing of different...
Migrants’ Involvement in Health Policy, Service Development and Research in the WHO European Region: A Narrative Review Policy and Practice
Reference: MacFarlane, A., Ogoro, M., De Freitas, C., Niranjan, V., Severoni, S., Waagensen, E. (2021). “Migrants’ involvement in health policy, service development and research in the WHO European Region: A narrative review policy and practice”. Tropical Medicine & International Health. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/tmi.13643. Abstract: OBJECTIVES. The involvement of individuals and communities in...
Reference: Miranda DE, et al. Capacitación de población gitana en abogacía para la salud: un estudio de caso en Torreblanca, Sevilla. Gac Sanit. 2020. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaceta.2020.09.002 Abstract: The objective of this study is to build advocacy capacity among a group of gipsy Roma neighbours living in contexts of risk of...
Reference: Garcia-Ramirez, M., Soto-Ponce, B., Albar-Marín, M.J., Parra-Casado, D.L., Popova, D., & Tomsa, R. (2020). RoMoMatteR: Empowering Roma Girls’ Mattering through Reproductive Justice. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health,17(22), 8498. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph17228498 Abstract: Aim: To present a protocol study directed at tackling gender discrimination against Roma girls by...
Barriers to and Facilitators of Community Participation among Latinx Migrants with Disabilities in the United States and Latinx Migrant Workers in Canada: An Ecological Analysis
Reference: Suarez-Balcazar, Y., Viquez, F., Miranda, D., & Early, A.R. (2020). Barriers to and facilitators of community participation among Latinx migrants with disabilities in the United States and Latinx migrant workers in Canada: An ecological analysis. Journal of Community Psychology, 48 (8), 2773-2788. doi: 10.1002/jcop.22452 Abstract: Abstract Individuals migrate to improve their...
Constructions of Burnout, Identity and Self-care in Professionals Working toward the Psychosocial Care of Refugees and Asylum Seekers in Italy
Reference: Marco Gemignani & Massimo Giliberto (2021) Constructions of burnout, identity, and self-care in professionals working toward the psychosocial care of refugees and asylum seekers in Italy, Journal of Constructivist Psychology, 34:1, 56-78. doi: 10.1080/10720537.2019.1700853 Abstract: Professionals who provide psychosocial services to refugees and asylum seekers in Italy are a population at high-risk of job stress...
- Personas refugiadas y personalidades piden “una salida segura” de Afganistánby Ricardo Cana on 14 October, 2021 at 9:53 am
- IOM Director General's Message on International Disaster Risk Reduction Dayby mgoloy on 14 October, 2021 at 12:13 am
- Los ingredientes necesarios para que las personas refugiadas accedan al empleoby Violeta Brull on 13 October, 2021 at 11:23 am
- Society for Community Research and Action :: From Our Membersby SCRA: Society for Community Research and Action on 12 October, 2021 at 2:20 pm
- Two decades of research and multilevel intervention on HIV/STI in Mumbai, Indiaby Ashley Simons-Rudolph on 12 October, 2021 at 12:56 pm
- Bridging the Gap between Research and Practice-Kayla DeCantby Ashley Simons-Rudolph on 9 October, 2021 at 6:59 pm
- CEAR denuncia junto a 10 entidades el impacto del Pacto Europeo de Migración y Asiloby Comunicación on 7 October, 2021 at 9:47 am
- CEAR y Greenpeace alertan de que la crisis climática forzará a huir cada vez a más personasby Ricardo Cana on 6 October, 2021 at 9:37 am
- Society for Community Research and Action :: Early Career Interest Groupby SCRA: Society for Community Research and Action on 27 September, 2021 at 2:53 pm
- Screen Mothers, Help Kids: An Innovative Community-Based Partnership Helps Amplify the Voices of Childrenby Ashley Simons-Rudolph on 23 September, 2021 at 12:38 am
Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.
Click to show error